Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Current NY State Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner License & Board Certification (PMHNP-BC)
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within a fast pace environment
- Experience working in an outpatient setting
- Experience working individuals in treatment for substance use disorder
- Experience working with children and adolescents
- Familiarity and/or comfort using E-Prescribe systems
- Effective crisis management and response skills
Responsibilities: Community Counseling and Mediation located at Clinton Ave, Brooklyn operates several Article 31 Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinics and is committed to serving adults, adolescents, families and children in a welcoming environment. We treat all persons with kindness and respect. Our staff offer effective evidenced based therapy and are supervised by a very experienced leadership team.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct initial psychiatric evaluation and assessment of pre-existing conditions and current conditions; assess and triage the mental and behavioral health concerns of children, adolescents and adults.
- Facilitate ongoing behavioral health services for clients, individual and family support, psychopharmacology assessments, medication monitoring and management, behavioral assessments and monitoring, education regarding medication, side effects and behavioral health resources.
- Maintain all required paperwork and documentation necessary for the agency and for third-party billing services, including clinically appropriate and timely treatment plans.
- Provide prescriptions for psychotropic medications and deliver injectable medications, under the supervision of clinic psychiatrist through the E-Prescribe system
- Communicate and collaborate with clinical staff to ensure continuum of care and appropriateness for level of care;
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings, and consultations with collaborating psychiatrist.
- Work well with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Timely response and provision of emergency medication management to avert crisis
- Participate in ongoing staff development training to maintain and improve personal knowledge base
- Cover colleagues when needed (during vacations, leave or shortage of staff) at other sites
- Responsible for keeping up all licensures, certifications, usernames and passwords for E-Prescribe and EHR systems
Patient Care :
- Coordinate care with referral sources and other involved professionals.
- Maintain regular communication with the involved providers in the primary care practice as appropriate,
- Return phone calls to professionals and patients in a timely manner.
- Encourage patients to participate fully in all aspects of their treatment.
- Educate all patients about ways to facilitate recovery.
The agency prizes diversity and does not discriminate with regard to age, gender, gender identity, race ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation. The agency operates in accordance with all equal employment opportunity laws.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to President and CEO Emory X Brooks and Clinical Director Latoya Reid at the email attached to this ad. (Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed)
No phone calls please. Faxes will not be answered.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time