Ruby’s Place is CCM’s third permanent supportive housing facility, and is our most comprehensive housing facility to date (Click here for Gallery). Serving formerly homeless individuals, this building is named in honor of Ruby Sargent, the mother of CCM’s Founder, President and CEO Emory X Brooks. Composed of 72 units, Ruby’s Place was created to provide stabilization and services designed to specifically improve the physical, social and emotional, intellectual and economic well-being of its residents.
Ruby’s Place is a 72 unit supporting housing program designed to provide permanent housing to some of New York City’s most vulnerable populations. 60 of the studio apartments are set aside for people currently deemed homeless and with persistent mental illness and/or substance use issues. The remaining 11 apartments are set aside for community members who are eligible under the Low Income Tax threshold. One apartment is reserved for an on-site Super.
The goal of Ruby’s Place is to help all tenants achieve a permanent and sustainable healthy lifestyle. Modeled after the success of Georgia's Place Rooftop Farm, Ruby's Place is in the process of implementing a rooftop farm that will provide fresh herbs vegetables, as well as a garden that will be available to residents for workshops and meditation. Ruby’s Place employs a team of social workers and other specialists to ensure that all tenants have their physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and economic needs met. Programs and services to meet each wellness component include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring of medical and dental care
- Weight management programs such as yoga, low-impact aerobics, healthy eating
- Urban Farming
- Podiatric care
Emotional and Social
- Men and Women social groups
- Mental health counseling including psychiatric services
- Activities such as sewing and other therapeutic services
- Literacy groups via the on-site library
- Computer training via the computer on-site learning lab
- Vocational training via the on-site teaching kitchen
- Ensuring all tenants have their entitlements
- Employment training and counseling
To learn more about Ruby's Place please contact us at 2rooklyn NY 11226 or (718) 940-0300.