Full-Time Safety Security Officer with C.C.M.S.
Program Overview: Ruby's Place is a 72 unit program located in the Flatbush area of Brooklyn designed to provide permanent supportive housing for formerly homeless persons with persistent mental illness and/ or substance misuse histories as well as low-income New Yorkers. In addition to housing, residents receive on-site supportive services including individual and group counseling; social groups and activity engagement; options for individual and creative art therapy interventions; physical wellness monitoring and guidance as well as regular case management engagement.
- Monitor security screens and review footage
- Patrol building and triage incidents as indicated
- Control access to the facility
- Maintain a log of persons entering and exiting the facility
- Assist in enforcing rules and regulations through activity observation and reporting
- Attend supervisions, staff meetings, and training as required
- Respond to security emergencies as well as resident challenges, contacting outside sources as necessary
- Maintain post until properly relieved and coordinate the exchange of pertinent information transfer between shifts
- Performs additional relevant duties as assigned and/ or indicated
This is a full-time line in position, with perks.
Brooklyn, New York
- First Aid and CPR Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED. Some College a plus
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Prior Experience. Athletic Background
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including holidays.
Send resume and cover letter to Emory X. Brooks at EBROOKS@CCMNYC.ORG and Camille Suggs at CSUGGS@CCMNYC.ORG. Application without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed.