Full-Time Building Superintendent with C.C.M.S.
Program Overview: Ruby’s Place is a 72 unit program located in the Flatbush area of Brooklyn designed to provide permanent supportive housing for formerly homeless persons as well as low-income New Yorkers. In addition to housing, residents receive on-site supportive services including individual and group counseling; social groups and activity engagement; options for individual and creative art therapy interventions; physical wellness monitoring and guidance as well as regular case management engagement.
The Superintendent is responsible for daily maintenance repairs and building code compliance while providing a safe living environment for tenants. The Superintendent will complete work orders, follow through with supply needs, maintain related paperwork including inventory, interact with vendors, verify the cleanliness of facility building grounds including janitorial closet as well as serve tenants' needs.
- Live onsite at Ruby’s Place (Free apartment plus utilities)
- Provide timely, complete, and proper apartment repairs, maintenance and renovation
- Process work schedules and work orders
- Prepare vacant units for new move-ins and apartment turnovers
- Assist in keeping the facility in compliance with all inspections
- Maintain an organized, secure and up-to-date inventory of all maintenance-related tools, hardware, paint, supplies, and furnishings
- Perform regular inspections of all common areas and resident units as necessary
- Assist Management in determining the cost-benefit of contract versus in-house maintenance
- Implement, and update as appropriate a Preventative Maintenance Program for building and equipment including, but not limited to, boiler/heating units, exhaust fans, hot water heaters, pneumatic controls, sprinkler/fire alarm systems
- Alert Property Management, onsite Program Director, and/or assigned Case Manager regarding tenant emergencies, or other immediate needs, and assist in efforts to deliver proper services
Brooklyn, New York
- High School Diploma, GED and/ or Trade Certification, with a background in general engineering a plus.
- FDNY F-80 Certificate of Fitness, boiler technical training, knowledge of sprinkler operation and other relevant training, certifications, and experience
- Willingness to live onsite in a studio unit for single occupancy with the ability to work independently and to appropriately interact with all tenants, CCM staff and vendors.
- Must have skills in plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, locksmith and drywall application
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Certification in Plumbing and Electrical a Plus.
- Basic knowledge and comfort working with applicable computer software programs
Send resume and cover letter to President and CEO Emory X. Brooks at EBROOKS@CCMNYC.ORG and Camille Suggs at CSUGGS@CCMNYC.ORG. Application without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed.